Learn more about the history of Ultralase below!
Ultralase Ltd was founded in 1991, with its first clinic opening at the Clatterbridge Hospital near Chester, performing what was then 'Photorefractive Keratomy' or better known as 'PRK'. The LASIK procedure was introduced in 1995.
With a period of extensive growth in 2002, the company established itself with several new clinics across the country, including London and Cardiff.
- In 1996, ICL procedures were introduced into the business.
- In 2001, the Wavefront procedure was introduced, allowing for a smoother surface area of the cornea, meaning much clearer vision.
- In 2005, Intralase was introduced into the business, giving our surgeons a greater deal of precision in our LASIK treatments.
- In 2012, Schwind lasers were implemented at Ultralase, working 2-3 times faster than any other laser system, providing excellent results for our patients.
- 2012 was a year of change for Ultralase, where Russell Ambrose acquired the company.
- In 2013, after a year of change, Ultralase Eye Clinics Limited is created, part of the Eye Hospitals Group Limited.
Under Eye Hospitals Group Limited, Ultralase Eye Clinics Limited is the sister company to Optimax, sharing clinics and working as one happy family, treating short-sight, long-sight, astigmatism and presbyopia throughout the UK.