Dr Balasubramaniam Ilango - Medical Director
MBBS DO FRCS FRCOphth CertLRS
Dr Ilango graduated from medical school and went on to finish his diploma in Ophthalmology in Southern India, before relocating to the UK to complete the Higher Specialist Training Programme in the West Midlands.
This included training at St Paul's Eye Unit in Liverpool and the Leicester Royal Infirmary.
Eventually, Dr Ilango went on the develop an interest in corneal surgery, and moved onto Moorfields Eye Hospital.
He has performed...
- over 400 corneal transplant surgeries
- over 30,000 cataract procedures
- over 6,000 Excimer laser refractive surgeries
Dr Ilango has experience in LASIK, LASEK, cross-linking treatments, lens implants and ICL procedures, as well as femtosecond cataract surgery. His studies have been published several times over, and many of the training programmes he has set up with junior doctors has gained him a lot of recognition in the ophthalmic industry.
As well as all of this, Dr Ilango has set up an eye hospital in rural India, where is performs life changing procedures on a voluntary basis.
Dr Ilango is certified as a Refractive Surgeon with the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, and has been working with the Group since 1996.
- Member of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the British Society of Refractive Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of Midland Society of Ophthalmology
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Where do they treat?
Liverpool, Leicester, Huddersfield