Dr Malcolm Samuel
Medical Director - Laser Refractive Services
MAHCE MBBS MCPS DOMS FRCS FRCOphth CERLRS
Dr Samuel is just one of our leading registered medical practitioners, having worked with the Group since 1999. Over the years, Dr Samuel has performed over 26,000 procedures, including PRK, LASEK and LASIK, as well as Corneal Cross Linking treatments for eye conditions like keracotonus and ectasia. He is also a member of the British Society of Refractive Surgery Council.
Dr Samuel graduated in Pakistan, having completed his initial Ophthalmology training, then relocated to the UK in 1989 for further training.
He currently runs the Dry Eye Clinics in Leeds, Birmingham and London, as well as providing training in refractive surgery and holding the role of Course Director of York Refractive Surgery courses. It's safe to say that Dr Samuel is a busy man!
If he is not doing all of this, he is a regular speaker at various laser eye surgery conferences and seminars.
Dr Samuels holds a membership for the following organisations:
- British society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European society of Refractive Surgery (ESRS)
- The United Kingdom and Ireland society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- American society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Certification in Laser Refractive Surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
With experience in:
- Excimer lasers
- Femtosecond bladeless LASIK procedures
- Management of dry eye procedures
- Miboflow treatment
Where does Dr Samuel treat?
Newcastle, Leeds, Glasgow, Birmingham, London Finchley Road