Dr Sara Padroni
MC MRCOphth MRCS MSc
Dr Padroni is currently an NHS Consultant Ophthalmc Surgeon at the Royal Hampshire, Winchester and Basingstoke & North Hants Hospital, Basingstoke.
With over 20 years' experiences in ophthalmology, Dr Padroni's expertise lies in laser refractive surgery, refractive lens exchange, phacoemulsification cataract surgery and intraocular lens procedures.
Dr Padroni graduated from the University of Rome, in Medicine, before moving on to a Cataract Fellowship at Moorfield's Eye Hospital in London. She has an MSc degree in Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science from the University of Manchester. Having held positions such as Educational Supervisor for Wessex Deanery, Principle Investigator for clinical trials and Consultant Appraiser.
She holds the following memberships and fellowships:
- Cornea Refractive Fellowship
- Vitreoretinal Fellowship from Leicester University Hospital
- Member of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- International Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Dr Padroni has had articles published in the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, as well as several other medical journals, and authoring a chapter on astigmatism.
Where does Dr Padroni treat?