LASIK eye surgery is one of the most successful and popular treatments, helping to reshape the cornea and correct your vision.
Despite the common myths around laser surgery, LASIK can treat myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism, which will be determined during your consultation. Your options will be discussed in detail here.
DID YOU KNOW?
The numbing drops administered will reduce your natural urge to blink during treatment.
Take a look at the details of the treatment below if you’re worried about what the surgery actually entails!
- Anaesthetic is given to ensure you do not feel anything throughout the surgery.
- A corneal flap is created... using the Intralase™ method - this is a state of the art laser treatment that prepares the corneal flap by a femtosecond laser.
- Reshaping the cornea comes once a small flap has been created, the surgeon will programme the laser to reshape the cornea. The laser is programmed specifically to your prescription and the whole procedure will be completed within a few minutes.
- The flap is replaced, after the cornea is reshaped by the surgeon - the flap is placed back to its original position. Unlike other vision correcting methods, laser surgery treatment does not involve any stitches. The healing process is done naturally.
- Once the whole process is completed, make sure that you are using eye drops and protective shields for quick results.
DID YOU KNOW?
Visual recovery is normally 24 hours!
*We do require a £10 holding for a week day consultation or a £30 holding fee for a Saturday, which will be refunded straight back to you after you have attended. There is no obligation to go ahead with treatment once you have had your consultation.